|September 2022 Requirements and |
We are at that time of year (already!) where we need to plan for September 2022.Could you please email Linda Pullan, Senior Playleader, (email@example.com) to let her know your requirements for September 2022, as soon as possible. Please confirm if you require the same days / sessions as well as any changes. Additionally, if any siblings will be starting reception in September, please let her know. If you work shifts/or don’t know your sessions yet, also get in touch with this information.
Over the summer holidays we will be open for 3 weeks out of the 6, see below.
Week 2 – W/C 1st August
Week 3 – W/C 8th August
Week 4 – W/C 15th August
A full day (8:00am – 17:50pm) for members will cost £30.00 and for a half day (any 5 hours) will be £20.00. Bookings are on a first come, first served basis. The children will need a packed lunch (no nuts please) and we will provide a morning and afternoon snack. Details on a programme of activities to follow.
Please get in touch with Linda if you wish to reserve a place.
Finally, could you please let us know if any of your personal details have changed and any information regarding your children is current and accurate.
The Roundabout Club committee
The Roundabout Club was inspected by Ofsted in January 2022.
The grading system now used by Ofsted is ‘Met’ or ‘Not Met’.
We are pleased to report that The Roundabout Club achieved the ‘Met’ grade.
Please read our Ofsted page for the full report!
We wanted to update you with the plans for opening after the summer holidays.
- Roundabout will be open in the morning.
- Roundabout will go back to normal timings after school, with last collection at 5:50pm.
- The collection procedure will remain as it currently is, with parents / carers pressing the buzzer and remaining outside the gate. This is a system that we have found to work well, and reduces the numbers of adults in the studio.
- There will be a fee increase, from £4.60 to £5.00, as discussed at the AGM. This is the first fee increase since 2015.
Please can you let Linda know (firstname.lastname@example.org) if your requirements for September have changed, as we do have waiting lists for every session.
If you need any further information, please get in touch.
Lastly, a big thank you to those that were able to attend the AGM.
The Roundabout Club committee
| 29th June 2021|
We need you to join the online meeting (approx 1hr)
We really need your support at this years Roundabout Club AGM. As we are still unable to meet in person then it will be held online and will likely last 1 hour.
We need 20% of the membership to attend for us to be able run the meeting. It’s being held on 29th June at 8pm. Please email email@example.com to confirm that you are able to join us.
We will be saying goodbye to 3 directors at the end of the school year as they will no longer have children attending Morpeth First School. If you are interested in joining us then please email. All Directors are voluntary and are only asked to attend 1 meeting per month (online currently) and have the opportunity to make decisions on behalf of the club with the committee. It’s good fun and we enjoy our monthly meetings – at the moment you don’t even need to leave your home to attend!!
Hopefully see you on the 29th June!
ASSISTANT PLAYLEADER REQUIRED FOR
THE ROUNDABOUT CLUB
We are seeking a highly motivated Assistant Playleader to assist the current team in delivering a range of fun and stimulating activities for children after school, aged 4 – 13 years, from September 2021. Appropriate childcare qualifications are desirable. First Aid and Child Protection training is desirable. Weekly hours/days will vary 3.00 – 5.00 pm Monday – Friday, as and when required. In the event of a position being offered, a DBS check will be requested.
Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
Internal and external candidates will be considered for this post.
Closing date is Friday 2 July 2021.
Email a covering letter and CV to :
Linda Pullan, Senior Playleader
Members newsletter Sept 2020
October Half Term.
Please note the after careful consideration and discussion with the Committee, it has been agreed that the Club cannot open during October Half Term. We apologise if this causes any members any inconvenience but we are not able to safely adhere to the strict ‘bubbles’ guidance with the number of staff required.
Please do remember that where possible we need 48 hours notice if you do not require a place at the Club on a particular day or over a period of time. We have a long waiting list for places and we can allocate the spare slot to someone else on the list. If you do not require your place for a set period of time then please get in touch with Linda who can discuss a possible ‘break’ period which can be filled by someone else until the period comes to an end and your place will resume.
Your Roundabout Bill.
To get your Roundabout Club bill to you as safely as possible during the Covid-19 period, we will be putting your bill in your child’s reading folder rather than handing this to you upon collection of your child. Please don’t forget to check the reading folder (staff at the club will remind you when its been added to the folder), and prompt payment is really appreciated.
Please email Linda Pullan, Senior Play Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to cancel places.
On behalf of The Roundablout Committee.
We hope you are all well and your children are looking forward to coming back to Roundabout.
There is a link below to our updated COVID policy, which will be reviewed in a month. A thorough risk assessment has been carried out, which will be reviewed weekly.
- Class 1 – 4 children will be collected at 3.00 pm by the play leaders (this means that charges will apply from 3pm).
- Class 5 -10 will be collected at 3.15 pm by the play leaders.
- Each year group will stay in their own “bubble” and will either use the community room, studio, hall (or class 3 or 4 on a Monday).
- Children will be taken to the toilet and on arrival at their allocated space will be encouraged to sanitise their hands. This will be encouraged throughout the session and before they leave to go home.
- The designated play leader will then hand out snack/drink etc.
- Each year group will have their own toys/games which will be regularly cleaned.
- Last collection will be 5.15 pm as previously communicated.
When parent/carer arrives, the child will leave via the exit in their area and go to the outside gate.
If playing outside, children will be kept in their year group bubbles and in separate areas on the MUGA, yard or grassed area. If playing outside please collect your children from the gate next to the MUGA – staff will sign your children out and record the time. Please DO NOT enter the yard.
One parent/carer to collect at the outside gate only please.
Press outside buzzer (buzzer will be cleaned frequently) and wait to be acknowledged by member of staff. DO NOT enter through the gate. Staff will get your child ready and send out to gate. Staff will record the time of collection. Whilst waiting for child, please remember to stay 2 metres away from others.
We will review opening in the mornings. If you do not need places over the coming weeks can you email Linda Pullan email@example.com. If there are any changes to your registration form ie change of address, telephone number, medical etc please let us know.
If your child has COVID 19 symptoms then please make the club and school aware but do not come into school or the club.
Please see attached updated Covid-19 policy for The Roundabout Club.
Notice to members. We understand that some of the decisions we’ve had to make will inconvenience some families but unfortunately our hands are tied with Government restrictions and availability of additional space in the school. We will constantly review the regulations and make changes to when its possible. But currently and for the foreseeable future these are the current situations.
Morning places :
Children must be kept to within their year group “bubble” and also any rooms we use need to be cleaned before school use. So it will not be possible to open Roundabout in the mornings at present. This will be reviewed frequently once the club is reopened in September.
Afternoon places :
- Tuesday to Friday – we can use the community room, studio and hall. Massive thank you to Miss Reay, Governors and cleaning staff for re-arranging their cleaning schedules/hours to allow these areas to be used by Roundabout.
- We will keep the children in their year bubbles (no more than 15 children per bubble). One bubble in the community room, one bubble in the studio and 3 bubbles split in the hall. Dividers will be used to separate areas out in the hall. Play leaders will be designated to each year group.
- Monday afternoon – the hall is unavailable for Roundabout to use. Year 1 class room can be used for year 1 children, plus the community room and the studio. Therefore numbers still need to be limited. In line with Roundabout policies and procedures, the protocol for allocating places is as follows :
- Regular users
- Longevity of membership
- Siblings already using the club
- New members and holiday users who wish to use the club in term time.
- All children will be able to use the class toilet before being collected by Roundabout Staff and taken to their designated area. All hands to be cleaned (staff and children) as soon as they enter their designated area, after eating snack, using toilet, sneezing, coughing etc and before leaving the room. Staff will wear face masks on arrival when preparing the areas (before collecting the children).
- Each year group to have their own box of toys/games etc. The designated play leader to sort out their snack. Play leaders will clean chairs/toys etc when the children leave.
- Last collection will be earlier than usual at 5.15 pm – this will enable the rooms to be cleaned thoroughly for the next school day. Also, the designated play leader will stay with their year group until the last child has been collected.
- To collect, parents are to press the buzzer at the security entrance and wait to be acknowledged by staff member. Children will leave by the outside door in their allocated space i.e if in hall they will leave via the outside hall door and walk to the gate. The play leader will then release the outside gate. All parents are to wait on the plaza, 2 metres apart. Staff will sign the time when the child leaves the club.
The above may change if the government advice changes before September – will keep reviewing and keep members informed.
Please email Linda Pullan, Senior Play Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm or cancel places.
On behalf of The Roundabout Committee.